Re: Does anyone use TO_CHAR(INTERVAL)?

От Tomasz Myrta
Тема Re: Does anyone use TO_CHAR(INTERVAL)?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Uz.ytkownik Bruno Wolff III napisa?:
> On Tue, Mar 25, 2003 at 20:24:55 +0100,
>   Tomasz Myrta <jasiek@klaster.net> wrote:
>
>>Uz.ytkownik Josh Berkus napisa?:
>>
>>It looks it could be useful to display how much time is left for
>>scheduling cases, but as I wrote few threads ago - displaying intervals
>>longer than one month is useless without specific date.
>

> That isn't true. Intervals have two parts. One is time difference in
> fixed time and the other is a difference in months. You could display
> both parts when they are both nonzero.
>
> I haven't found the documenation too specific on which part gets added
> first (and this does make a difference in some cases).
It looks like you are right:

SELECT cast('300 days' as interval)+cast('1 month' as interval);;    ?column?
---------------- 1 mon 300 days

SELECT to_char(cast('300 days' as interval)+cast('1 month' as
interval),'DDD');; to_char
--------- 300
(1 row)

SELECT to_char('2002-12-31'::timestamp
-'2002-01-01'::timestamp,'YYYY-MM-DD');;   to_char
(1 row)

Thanks for noticing this, these results are really strange for me.
I should remember NOT to use months when working with intervals. It
looks like intervals contain 2 totally independent values inside.

I have one more question to this thread - Does anyone use intervals
month value?

Tomasz

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: