Re: Does anyone use TO_CHAR(INTERVAL)?

От Tomasz Myrta
Тема Re: Does anyone use TO_CHAR(INTERVAL)?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Uz.ytkownik Josh Berkus napisa?:
> Folks,
>
> We're discussing the behavior of the current "to_char(interval)" function on
> HACKERS.   Does anyone on this list use the current behavior?   Please speak
> up, as we're trying to figure out what backward compatibility needs to be
> maintained.
>
> PLEASE NOTE:  This is only to_char() for INTERVAL values, NOT for dates,
> timestamp, or numeric!
In my projects intervals are always related to some dates when
displaying them, so I use to_char(date+interval).

It looks it could be useful to display how much time is left for
scheduling cases, but as I wrote few threads ago - displaying intervals
longer than one month is useless without specific date.

Anyway, maybe it should be left for future use, but without patterns
related to date, or maybe with DDD only?

Regards,
Tomasz Myrta

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Thomas Good
Сообщение: Re: Concatenation Snafu
От: Bruno Wolff III
Сообщение: Re: Does anyone use TO_CHAR(INTERVAL)?