database privileges and access control

От Roman Gavrilov
Тема database privileges and access control
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hello,

I have 2 questions.
The first one (I know it been discussed already, but I did not find the
solution).
If I have user A and user B and database DB1 and database DB2 and only
local connections.

How can I configure the pg_hba.conf to let user A connect only to the
DB1 database and let user B connect only to the DB2 database.
The sameuser param is not good here.

local   sameuser        password
local   all                   password        admins

The file $PGDATA/admins contains the usernames of all users that allowed
to connect to all databases.
I tried to add next line
local    DB1               password        DB1_users
local    DB2               password        DB2_users

and added the users that allowed to connect to each database to those
files accordingly.
The user can connect to sameuser database but not to the DB1 or DB2
database with error incorrect password.

What is the problem ?

Second problem is :
How can I make users to see only the database that they own with the \l
command ?
I don't want users to see all the databases on this host but only those
that they own.

Thanks
Roman

  Roman Gavrilov
  Aduva Inc., Web Development Services.
  work +972-3-7534373 mobile +972-54-834668
  romio@aduva.com, romio@netvision.net.il