ident sameuser failure

От Stephen Harris
Тема ident sameuser failure
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi all, I have a problem that I am chasing and getting nowhere with.
Can anyone help?
I have postgresql-7.2.1-5 running as the server on a redhat7.3 box.
I am connecting from a redhat8.0 box with postgresql-7.2.2-1 using both
psql and pgaccess.
My pg_hba.conf looks like this:

local   all     ident   sameuser
host       testuserdb    192.168.0.0    255.255.255.0   ident     sameuser
host       testdb        192.168.0.0    255.255.255.0   password

Now the scenenario is like this:

User test can connect to database testdb with a password.
User testuser cannot connect to database testuserdb and gets these errors
psql -h workbench -d testuserdb -U testuser
psql: FATAL 1:  IDENT authentication failed for user "testuser"

on the server I made (as postgres) the users test and testuser, then
became each user and created the testdb and testuserdb.

I have tried making a usermap in pg_ident.conf

testuser                testuser        testuser

and tried the line

host       testuserdb    192.168.0.0    255.255.255.0 ident testuser

But still no change.
Testuser can connect if AUTH_TYPE is trust however.

Can anyone lend a pinch of advice that may be the problem here?
many thanks
Stephen.

Computer Concepts Limited
25 Leslie Hills Drive
PO Box 8744 Riccarton
Christchurch, New Zealand

Phone:  +64-3-348-2500
Fax:    +64-3-343-7569

Notice of confidential information:
The information contained in this e-mail message is
confidential information and may also be legally privileged,
intended only for the individual or entity named above.
If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby
notified that any use, review, dissemination, distribution
or copying of this document is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this document in error, please
immediately notify the sender by telephone and destroy the
message. Thank you.