Re: Changing the default configuration (was Re:

От mlw
Тема Re: Changing the default configuration (was Re:
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy

Tom Lane wrote:
"Merlin Moncure" <merlin.moncure@rcsonline.com> writes:
May I make a suggestion that maybe it is time to start thinking about
tuning the default config file, IMHO its just a little bit too
conservative,
It's a lot too conservative.  I've been thinking for awhile that we
should adjust the defaults.

One of the things I did on my Windows install was to have a number of default configuration files, postgresql.conf.small, postgresql.conf.medium, postgresql.conf.large.

Rather than choose one, in the "initdb" script, ask for or determine the mount of shared memory, memory, etc.

Another pet peeve I have is forcing the configuration files to be in the database directory. We had this argument in 7.1 days, and I submitted a patch that allowed a configuration file to be specified as a command line parameter. One of the things that Oracle does better is separating the "configuration" from the data.

It is an easy patch to allow PostgreSQL to use a separate configuration directory, and specify the data directory within the configuration file (The way any logical application works), and, NO, symlinks are not a solution, they are a kludge.

Сообщение: Re: Changing the default configuration (was Re:
Сообщение: Re: Changing the default configuration (was Re: