Re: Postgre vs SAP Db

От Mark Kirkwood
Тема Re: Postgre vs SAP Db
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Justin Clift wrote:

> Ivar wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Does somebody have feature comparsion of Sap Db(www.sapdb.org) and
>> postgre ?
>> (Sap DB seems pretty powerfull and has native windows port)

I have recently been comparing these 2 databases.... the most notable
difference was performance of joins with aggregates in the select list -
Postgresql is reasonably fast and Sapdb is *very* slow. There are
postings about poor join performance on the Sapdb mail list site too
(referring to 7.3 and possibly 7.4 as well)

Another interesting discovery was that there is no parameter to tune the
equivalant of sort_mem (this may explain some of the problem with
aggregates....)

Finally  the Sapdb command line processor (dbmcli) is a bit eccelectic
in its requirements for an SQL command file (e.g. your typical delimited
by ';' statement will *not* work)

My overall feeling was that its a promising db, but somewhat immature at
present.

(I think Has J has already commented about how its a bit ugly to build
from source.. which may or may not be an issue for some....)

regards

Mark

От: "Nigel J. Andrews"
Сообщение: Re: DBI driver and transactions
От: Jean-Christian Imbeault
Сообщение: Dferred constraints not deferred?