Re: [NOVICE] Perl - Postgres

От Medi Montaseri
Тема Re: [NOVICE] Perl - Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Also try this

perldoc DBI
perldoc DBD::Pg

Perl provides a two tier DB interface. Programmers use DBI as a generic
DB API.
DBI connects with DBD (DB Driver) to reach the engine.

So if you use Postgresql, then programmer --> DBI ---> DBD ---> Pg
If you use Oracle, then programmer ---> DBI ---> DBD --> Oracle
if you use ODBC, then programmer ---> DBI --> DBD --> ODBC  <=========>
SomeEngine

Is'nt that cool....