Re: restricting identd to just the loopback adapter.

От Jerry Asher
Тема Re: restricting identd to just the loopback adapter.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
David Jericho wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 26, 2003 at 09:48:33PM -0800, Jerry Asher wrote:
>
> >I installed pidentd from the red hat 8.0 distribution and started it
> >up but, but looking over the conf files, there is apparently no way to
> >restrict identd to listening/binding only to the localhost adapter.
>

> The sgi_fam service contains an example, and it's detailed in the man
> page xinetd.conf(5).
>
> The option you're wanting is "bind".
>
> The syntax being "bind = 127.0.0.1" in the service description stanza.

Thanks David,

That mirrors my latest thinking and I am looking at the xinetd man page
now.  Other info I've looked at on xinetd has not been helpful.  In
particular it is not at all clear that a style in a sysv init style is
immediately amenable to being started from xinetd.

???

Thanks,

Jerry Asher