Re: too many users for postgresql? :)

От Justin Clift
Тема Re: too many users for postgresql? :)
Дата
Re: too many users for postgresql? :)  (will trillich <will@serensoft.com>)
Re: too many users for postgresql? :)  (Lamar Owen <lamar.owen@wgcr.org>)
Список pgsql-general
will trillich wrote:
> so there i was, minding my own business, browsing around, and at
> the postgresql.org site today i got--
>
>     Warning: pg_connect() unable to connect to PostgreSQL
>     server: FATAL 1: Sorry, too many clients already in
>     /usr/local/www/www.postgresql.org/idocs/opendb.php on line 3
>     Unable to access database

Hi Will,

Which page(s) were you at to get this?  Have been trying to temporarily
disable database access from parts of the site to stop this error until
the max_connections parameter is bumped up.  Looked like all the pages
haven't been fixed yet.

:-(

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

> 1) that speaks well for the future of postgresql because there
> are enough people interested and browsing that they overran the
> current parameters. probably not hard to fix the postgresql end
> on this.
>
> 2) it gives out lots more information than necessary -- now i
> know where the docs are... maybe some php parameters need some
> tweaking, eh?
>
> :)

- Indira Gandhi