Re: Can we revisit the thought of PostgreSQL 7.2.4?

От mlw
Тема Re: Can we revisit the thought of PostgreSQL 7.2.4?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
This is an interesting thought. My gut tells me it is a viable
opportunity for the corporate entities that offer support and wish to
have 'VAR' status.

This is just my opinion, but I view the core development group as pure
development, and the various people that resell or distribute PostgreSQL
as a for-profit business as those responsible for maintaining backward
support.

Maybe RedHat or PostgreSQL Inc can do this? It is a really good message,
"The best of open source, with on going support."

And not to re-open a can of worms, but if PostgreSQL could upgrade
without having to do a dump and restore, then this wouldn't really be an
issue.