Can we revisit the thought of PostgreSQL 7.2.4?

От Justin Clift
Тема Can we revisit the thought of PostgreSQL 7.2.4?
Дата
Re: Can we revisit the thought of PostgreSQL 7.2.4?  (Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi everyone,

Over the last few days we've had patches submitted for 7.2.3 that
address a couple of things, both the WAL Recovery Bug that Tom has
developed a patch for, and a couple of buffer overflows that have been
widely reported.

Although we haven't wanted to release a 7.2.4, and have instead
encouraged people to upgrade to 7.3.x, there are places out there who's
applications aren't compatible with 7.3.x and would also need to upgrade
them as well.

It might be a really good idea if we re-visit the thought of 7.2.4 and
have something that people running the 7.2.x series can use safely until
they are able to move to 7.3.x or above.

What would it take, and apart from patches for the buffer overflows and
the WAL recovery bug, should anything else be included to ensure safety
and stability?

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift