Re: Can we revisit the thought of PostgreSQL 7.2.4?

От Neil Conway
Тема Re: Can we revisit the thought of PostgreSQL 7.2.4?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 2003-01-16 at 22:47, Justin Clift wrote:
> Over the last few days we've had patches submitted for 7.2.3 that
> address a couple of things, both the WAL Recovery Bug that Tom has
> developed a patch for, and a couple of buffer overflows that have been
> widely reported.

The buffer overflows, IMHO, are not sufficient reason to release an
update. As Tom pointed out, there are lots of other, unpatched overflows
in 7.2.3 (and the whole class of vulnerability requires SQL access to
begin with).

As for the "WAL recovery bug", AFAIK no such bug has been reported "in
the last few days". Exactly what issue are you referring to?

Cheers,

Neil

Сообщение: Re: Survey results from the PostgreSQL portal page
Сообщение: Re: Survey results from the PostgreSQL portal page