Re: Survey results from the PostgreSQL portal page

От Rod Taylor
Тема Re: Survey results from the PostgreSQL portal page
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I wonder why people ask for better documentation. I think the
> documentation is really good. Ever read Oracle stuff? *ugh*.

They want examples of real-world usage.  The commands themselves have
good 'HOW TO' notes, and an explanation of what they are, but we don't
really have anything on 'WHY?'.

A large number of people coming from MySQL, or just starting out don't
know what feature XYZ can do for them, and why it's best (easiest) for
the database to do that work -- regardless of what that Java programmer
thinks beans are for. Much of this can probably be borrowed from books
on basics.

--
Rod Taylor <rbt@rbt.ca>

PGP Key: http://www.rbt.ca/rbtpub.asc