Anyone want to get involved in writing the the driver to connect Star/OpenOffice and PostgreSQL?

От Justin Clift
Тема Anyone want to get involved in writing the the driver to connect Star/OpenOffice and PostgreSQL?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi guys,

Have been discussing what it would take to write an "SDBC" driver for
connecting StarOffice/OpenOffice to PostgreSQL with Frank Schönheit, a
senior member of the Sun StarOffice/OpenOffice DBA team, and a few
senior members of the OpenOffice project.

SDBC is based largely on ODBC, so it might be more a matter of porting
the existing ODBC stuff rather than a complete re-write.  Frank reckons
it would take about 2 man weeks of total effort if needed to be written
from scratch, so it's probably not going to be too hard for an
experienced C++ & PostgreSQL coder.

Would anyone be interested in getting involved in doing this?  If
anyone's up for it, the Sun StarOffice/OpenOffice DBA team in Hamburg
Germany will be available for support etc.

Getting an SDBC driver written to connect Star/OpenOffice and PostgreSQL
is very good step towards integrating PostgreSQL support further into
Star/OpenOffice.

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift