Re: pgsql-server/src/bin/pg_dump pg_backup_archiver.c

От Hiroshi Inoue
Тема Re: pgsql-server/src/bin/pg_dump pg_backup_archiver.c
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Hiroshi Inoue writes:
>
> > 7.3 pg_restore doesn't generate *CREATE CAST* commands
> > at all for 7.2 or earlier pg_dump data.
> > Usually people uses 7.2 pg_dump not 7.3 pg_dump to backup 7.2 db.
>
> If you propose to fix that problem you will have to add special
> cases for all data types in the world or find a general solution.

Cost effectiveness is very important even in open source
development. I believe I've spent much more time than I
should have spent on this trivial issue. I've just committed
my change to cvs. I would also commit it to 7.3-STABLE tree
(main target from the first) soon and end up this inneficient
discussion.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue
    http://w2422.nsk.ne.jp/~inoue/