Re: Drop foreign keys

От Andreas Schlegel
Тема Re: Drop foreign keys
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Stephan Szabo wrote:

>>I created some  references with foreign keys. But now I have to drop
>>some of the references. What is the way to do this? Is there a command
>>for this? Or have I drop the table  and recreate it?
>>Postgres gave the references names like "RI_ConstraintTrigger_494516".
>>If there is a way to drop them one by one how do I get the information
>>on which foreign key point these Postgres names?
>>

>What version are you using?

Sorry, I forgot: 7.2.1

>In previous versions, you'll need to manually drop the
>three triggers that are created (you can find the correct
>triggers by looking for tgconstrname='tPerson_FK03') and
>you'll need to double quote the tgname for DROP TRIGGER
>commands.

I found 3 constrains for this reference. I dropped successfully the
first. But when I tried to drop the second and the third I got the message:
"ERROR:  DropTrigger: there is no trigger RI_ConstraintTrigger_494494 on
relation tperson. "

I checked the table (\d tperson) and indeed they diappeared. But I in
the table pg_trigger I still see the the other, which were refused to drop!

Any idea what went wrong?

Greetings,
Andreas

От: Barry Lind
Сообщение: Re: [JDBC] ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException in Encoding.decodeUTF8()
От: Stephan Szabo
Сообщение: Re: Drop foreign keys