Re: New Portal in Place, DNS switched ...

От mlw
Тема Re: New Portal in Place, DNS switched ...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Fournier"<a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:scrappy@hub.org"><scrappy@hub.org></a> writes:
</pre><blockquotetype="cite"><pre wrap="">Please understand something here ... a large portion of the banner ads are

*not* paid ... they are recognition of the many mirror sites that are
supporting the project by reducing the amount of bandwidth that is
While the mirror sites deserve some recognition, I'm not convinced that
that should translate to banner ads on the main portal.

Could we set things up so that when you actually go to a mirror site,
you see some discreet notice about "this mirror sponsored by so-and-so"?

And I'm definitely not happy with reading
Help Support This SitePost your Ad HerePay Only for VisitorsAs Low As$0.10cdn per click-thruHub.Org

buildon PostgreSQL's message is a good thing. A RedHat ad, maybe IBM, etc. Companies with a related purpose to the
PostgreSQLmission will offset some of the cost and help build the cedibility of the site.<br /><br /> Hotel ads and
sweepstakesare a bad idea, though.<br /><br /><blockquote cite="mid2530.1041833237@sss.pgh.pa.us" type="cite"><pre