Re: New Portal in Place, DNS switched ...

От Dan Langille
Тема Re: New Portal in Place, DNS switched ...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 7 Jan 2003 at 16:25, mlw wrote:

> I think banner ads that build on PostgreSQL's message is a good thing.
> A RedHat ad, maybe IBM, etc. Companies with a related purpose to the
> PostgreSQL mission will offset some of the cost and help build the
> cedibility of the site.
>
> Hotel ads and sweepstakes are a bad idea, though.

I think that those who are objecting to ads on the site should follow
the suggestion given by Josh Berkus at
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2003-01/msg00191.php

In other words, stop providing suggestions as to what can be done.
Get off your own ass and do it.  In short, put up or shut up.
--
Dan Langille : http://www.langille.org/