Error message documentation ?

От Bill Kurland
Тема Error message documentation ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello folks:

I am using the perl DBI to connect to a postgreSQL database and thought it
would be a good idea to anticipate and handle errors returned by postgreSQL
in my perl code so the end users don't have to deal with mysterious
error messages
they don't understand. "Programming the Perl DBI" suggests using
$h->errstr() but
says that the message is determined by the underlying database.

I've checked a couple of PostgreSQL books and the online docs as well
as the web but haven't found any kind of list of the possibilities. It
would
seem that if it were useful to know them someone would have documented it,
but I haven't found any references to such a list.

Does such a list exist?

Thanks

--

Bill Kurland
Shakespeare & Co.

"There is no Modesty--No attention to one another. They talk very loud,
very fast,and alltogether.If they ask you a Question, before you can
utter 3 words of your Answer, they will break out upon you, again--and
talk away"
--John Adams, on New Yorkers