Re: postsgresql-dump not found in install

От Tony Ziolkowski
Тема Re: postsgresql-dump not found in install
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
No I meant what i wrote. The section from README.rpm-dist is:

To facilitate upgrading, the postgresql-dump utility has been provided.
  Look
at the man page for postgresql-dump to see its usage.  All executables to
restore the immediately prior version of the PostgreSQL database are
placed in
the directory /usr/lib/pgsql/backup, and are accessed by the postgresql-dump
script.  The directory /usr/lib/pgsql/backup is owned by the postgres
user --
you can use this directory to hold dump files and preserve directories.

The basic sequence is:
(as user postgres):
postgresql-dump -t /var/lib/pgsql/backup/db.bak -p
/var/lib/pgsql/backup/old -d
(you can abort the ASCII dump with 'Q', as it uses more) Then, (as user
root):

service postgresql start

(which will automatically create a new database structure) And finally,

(as user postgres):
psql -e template1 </var/lib/pgsql/backup/db.bak