Re: the "/usr/local/pgsql/data" directory size

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: the "/usr/local/pgsql/data" directory size
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:
>>Other things I can think of:
>>1. Reduce NAMEDATALEN
>>2. Reduce INDEX_MAX_KEYS
>
> Neither of those are likely to change the disk footprint a lot, since
> the system catalogs aren't a significant proportion of any real-world
> database, I should think.

I was thinking of the benchmarking results we did for 7.3.

This one:
   http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2002-08/msg00258.php
showed about 12 to 15% increase in individual database size when changing from
  INDEX_MAX_KEYS = 16 to INDEX_MAX_KEYS = 32.

And this one:
   http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2002-08/msg00333.php
showed about 11% increase increase in individual database size when changing
from NAMEDATALEN = 32 to NAMEDATALEN = 64.

For an embedded application, these kinds of savings might be important.

Joe