Re: 7.3 pg_relcheck oddness

От Paul Ramsey
Тема Re: 7.3 pg_relcheck oddness
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On further investigation, the problem is related to using a 7.2 psql
against a 7.3 backend. The \d from the 7.2 psql is not compatible with
the 7.3 backend in the case of tables with non-standard types apparently.

P.

Paul Ramsey wrote:

> I am poking around at upgrading PostGIS to work with version 7.3. So
> far, the changes seem relatively minor. There is one odd quirk though.
> Having gotten the PostGIS types and index bindings loaded, and having
> loaded a table full of spatial data, trying to do
>
>   \d thetable
>
> returns
>
>   ERROR:  Relation "pg_relcheck" does not exist
>
> And when I check, lo and behold, it does *not* exist! \d still works on
> all "normal" tables however. I checked in the 7.2 instance, and
> pg_relcheck does exist, but has no entries in it. Simply adding an empty
> pg_relcheck to my 7.3 instance using the old 7.2 definitions caused \d
> to start working again on my spatial table.
>
> P.

--       __     /     | Paul Ramsey     | Refractions Research     | Email: pramsey@refractions.net     | Phone: (250)
885-0632    \_