Re: [GENERAL] One SQL to access two databases.

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: [GENERAL] One SQL to access two databases.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Karel Zak wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 30, 2002 at 01:11:20PM -0800, Joe Conway wrote:
>
>>As I said, this is all very preliminary; comments, suggestions, requests
>>are all welcome.
>
>  Only idea/dream: what implement dblink as "virtual" schema.
>
>  CREATE SCHEMA myschema AS DBLINK TO ... some connection options ...;
>
>  SELECT * FROM myschema.tabname;
>
>  This solution allows use dblink as really transparent.

Yeah, something along these lines is in my long term vision, but I don't think
it will happen for 7.4. I'd like one more contrib/dblink release for the code
to mature, and to solidify the features and understand the common usage issues.

Hopefully for the release *after* 7.4 I'll be ready to make a proposal to
integrate dblink into the backend, get it accepted, and get it implemented.

Joe