Re: Renaming schema's

От Jochem van Dieten
Тема Re: Renaming schema's
Дата
Re: Renaming schema's  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:
> Jochem van Dieten <jochemd@oli.tudelft.nl> writes:
>
>>I have tried to rename a schema using:
>>test=# update pg_catalog.pg_namespace
>>test-#     set nspname = 'jochemd'
>>test-#     where nspname = 'public';
>

>>This didn't work out very well, the schema became invisible in
>>pgAdminII, something I wouldn't want to do to our customers.
>
> I would expect that to work; perhaps the problem is pgAdminII's?

After looking at some more databases it turned out that the public
schema always has OID 2200. I would expect pgAdminII assuming that OID
2200 = public schema to be the cause of this problem (I tried messing
with ACL's to no avail and changing the name of other schema's works).

So the question becomes if OID 2200 is reserved or hardcoded in the
backend for the public schema or if this assumption from pgAdminII is
incorrect?

Jochem