Re: Renaming schema's

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Renaming schema's
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Jochem van Dieten <jochemd@oli.tudelft.nl> writes:
> After looking at some more databases it turned out that the public
> schema always has OID 2200.

That is what it's assigned during initdb.

> I would expect pgAdminII assuming that OID
> 2200 = public schema to be the cause of this problem (I tried messing
> with ACL's to no avail and changing the name of other schema's works).

I think it's a bad idea for it to assume that.  There's no reason,
for example, why one shouldn't be able to drop and later recreate the
public schema.  The public schema isn't magic at all, except that by
convention it's part of the standard search path --- and that's driven
off its name, not its OID.