Re: Database backup and restore

От dima
Тема Re: Database backup and restore
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
>>On first glance at dima's script it does not seem to deal with blobs,
>>although could easily me made to do so.
> I think that would be a very good addition to the PostgreSQL toolkit.
>  FWIW, I do not use blobs and consequently do not think of them when
> backups are required.
>
>>I'll be working on it some more and will share what I come up with.
> I'm sure it will be added to the contrib directory.
Heya, Dan!

I posted the script to the list as you asked. Well, restore_all stuff
Colin asked for needs some more work since we need to keep owner names
somewhere outside the dumps ( I'm not about to parse those dump files ;)
) to restore the DBs with the same owners. I don't think making backups
of template? DBs makes sense since they would be unportable between the
versions of PostgreSQL. Anyway, restore_all script will be work in
progress (I hope I'll have enough free time to contribute this week).

Porting dumps between versions of PostgreSQL seems to be a problem. Say,
  I faced 'serial' type incompatibility moving my dumps from 7.1.3 to
7.2.2 (since they became 64-bit integers).