Re: MS-server <-> Ppostgresql

От Mark Kirkwood
Тема Re: MS-server <-> Ppostgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Francois Sauterey wrote:

> Apology for my so poop english... and my cross-postage.
>
> I plan to extract/copy about 120.000 lines from a MS SQL 7 server
> database (on a NT machione) to a postresql database on a Linux machine
> (debian/woody).
>
> But what a pity : I obtain (after so many tests, so many compilation
> with so many different options) a copy of about 1200 lines/minute ;~{
>
> And horror, I plan to make the same thing  whith a 3.000.000 lines
> database.
>
> Any idea ?
> Best regards

The fastest way is :
i) write the table data from MS-SQL to a file
ii) use COPY to put the data into Postgresql from the file

if you do this then 3x106 rows should be < 7 minute operation !

regards

Mark

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL compilation with custom table name
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL compilation with custom table name