Recovering records after running out of disk space

От Ken Ebling
Тема Recovering records after running out of disk space
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hello.

I have a postgresql 8.2.4 server that ran low on disk space.  I was
seeing messages
about some queries failing to run, and a hint about low disk space.

I noticed that the largest table in the database was returning 0 rows,
while other tables
just seemed to be missing some rows.  One was missing about 10,000
records.

Running "SELECT relname, relpages FROM pg_class ORDER BY relpages DESC;"
showed that the table with 0 rows is still the largest:

              relname              | relpages
job_view_warehouse                |  3013632

I moved the data directory to bigger drives, and ran "vacuum full" and
"reindex database db_name" and "select count(*) ..."  still shows that
the table has 0 rows.

Is there something else I should do to try to recover these records? I
figure they must
still be there somewhere if it's relpages is so big.

Thanks in advance,

Ken