Re: RC1?

От Scott Lamb
Тема Re: RC1?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

> Seriously, I agree with Marc's opinion that issuing an RC1 is the best
> way to flush out some more port reports.  I do not know what else we can
> do to get people off their duffs and onto last-minute testing.

If testing is the problem, I think publicizing the betas would help
more. I had no idea that 7.3b[2-5] had been released. And looking at the
website, it's not hard to see why:

<http://www.postgresql.org/>: No mention
<http://www14.us.postgresql.org/> (or whatever mirror): No mention
<http://www14.us.postgresql.org/news.html>: No mention
<http://developer.postgresql.org/index.php>: Mentions beta has begun
<http://developer.postgresql.org/beta.php>: Shows latest release at
bottom of page.

I'd really expect to see an announcement on the news page for each beta
release and the latest stable/beta release on the front page. That would
help more than releasing RC1, especially if it's done in the same way.

Thanks,
Scott