Re: Fixes for autocommit = off

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: Fixes for autocommit = off
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Here are some patches I applied that attempt to fix some of our
> utilities for the 'autocommit = off' world.  I still need to do more
> work.

Speaking of autocommit = off, I was contemplating sending in a patch for
dblink with this in it:

   appendStringInfo(str,
                    "BEGIN;SET autocommit='on';COMMIT; %s",
                     GET_STR(PG_GETARG_TEXT_P(1)));

(where arg 1 is the user provided sql statement) to cover the non-persistent
connection case for dblink_exec. Is this the recommended client fix?

Joe