Re: Newbie: connecting from windows to Linux: how-to?

От Jean-Christian Imbeault
Тема Re: Newbie: connecting from windows to Linux: how-to?
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
SHEVLAND, Joe wrote:

> You might want to look at a little primer I whipped up a while ago, but
> it should be relevant still:
>
> http://www.j-elite.com/pgprimer

Thanks! It was very useful. I know have things sort of running ... I
just can't connect.

I think the problem is in the connect string. I have this, is it
syntactically correct?

c = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:postgresql://192.168.254.14:5432/JC",
                                     "postgres", "");

I am assuming the password is null since I don't remember setting one.
Also the following  connect string works (locally) in PHP, without a
password:

$conn = pg_connect("dbname=JC user=postgres");

Thanks for the help!

Jc

PS I am receiving all the replies I send to the list as private emails.
But I don't receive the any list emails ... is everyone sending me
private emails or did I not register properly with the list?

Сообщение: Re: Newbie: connecting from windows to Linux: how-to?
Сообщение: Re: Newbie: connecting from windows to Linux: how-to?