Re: Question about cygwin/Postgre

От Phillip J. Allen
Тема Re: Question about cygwin/Postgre
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Nicolas,

I have been using cygwin and Postgresql on my laptop for experimental
purposes when I am not connected to the server (like in an airport
lobby).  And it seems to be working well.  Of course I havent had
multiple connections simultanous.

But one problem/inconvience you will encounter is if the W2000 server
goes to sleep/dorment, the postmaster will not wake up or recover.  So
you have to manually go into the cygwin directory and erase the
postmaster.pid file.  Not a major crisis on my laptop but on a server it
could be very inconvient.

good luck and keep us informed because I am planning on installing
cygwin and postgres on one of my "field servers" where nobody knows how
to maintain a linux server.  And when I say "field servers" I am talking
about a tool shed in the Peruvian Andes.

Cheers

Phillip J. Allen
Consulting Geochemist/Geologist
Lima Peru