Having no luck with getting pgbench to run multiple times

От Justin Clift
Тема Having no luck with getting pgbench to run multiple times
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi everyone,

Am trying my hand at a bit of C code again.  Specifically am trying to
get Tatsuo's "pgbench" code to loop around more than once, but it keeps
on hanging forever at this line:

if ((nsocks = select(maxsock + 1, &input_mask, (fd_set *) NULL,(fd_set *) NULL, (struct timeval *) NULL)) < 0)
{

etc

Running this on a FreeBSD 4.6.2 system with PostgreSQL 7.2.2 and gcc
2.95.3.  Looking around the Net seems to say that hangs like this are
caused by the select blocking, but that's not helping me any with
knowing what to do.

Does anyone have an idea of what I can do, or maybe have a few minutes
to look at my code and point out the problem?

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

first group; there was less competition there."  - Indira Gandhi