Re: [GENERAL] Still big problems with pg_dump!

От Wim
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Still big problems with pg_dump!
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Andrew Sullivan wrote:

<snip>...

>>>How did you check?
>>>

>>with fsck.
>>

>That won't help you if the controller is coming and going; you might
>find that it works one time, and not another.  Indeed, a disk on its
>way out can even pass fsck sometimes, although it's pretty unusual.

The DB is located on a RAID5 disk array...

>>Have backup... I can still SQL COPY to a text file, so that's no problem
>>so far.
>>

>Well, that's good.  I'd suggest backing up _really often_ until you
>know what the problem is, especially since this is production.
>

>>I know, I don't have much spare hardware, and the database had to work
>>quickly, it was the
>>only solution then.
>>Checked the disk, reinstalled the OS and still waiting for a CPU and
>>memory upgrade.
>>

>Do you have another place to store the database in the meantime -- an
>Intel box with a cheap disk, or anything?  At least you'd have
>another copy of the database somewhere that way.

Don't have a disk that can store my database...

Still searching....

Cheers!

Wim

От: Wim
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Copying table to another database.
От: Andrew Sullivan
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Still big problems with pg_dump!