Re: Why choose PostreSQL and not MySQL or Oracle!!

От Preben Holm
Тема Re: Why choose PostreSQL and not MySQL or Oracle!!
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks Jan - That's really nice to know :(

Well - the unordered information snippets about Oracle was "copy-pasted"
from some guys at the experts-exchange.com  -  I asked them why I should
  use Oracle instead of any other DB - and that was their answers -
sorry to tell you that those guys actually claim to be professionals.
I know that I've only worked with SQL for a year know - but I want to
choose the best free solution to begin with!!!

Actually this was the only thing I asked about:

 > F.x. StoredProcedures - is that supported by PostgreSQL?
 > "And actually mySQL has transaction safe tables using the innoDB or
 > BDB table type" - does the PostreSQL support that too!??

 > I've seen all the awards at the web-site - but why doesn't we hear
 > anything about PostgreSQL - it's always MySQL (in the world of free
 > alternatives)... PostgreSQL - is it a slow database (compared to
 > MySQL)?

 > What pros and cons are there choosing PostgreSQL (compared to MySQL)?

I know that I'm not the best writer whem it comes to english (I'm danish
and not that good at english).
All the facts about Oracle came from other guys (in that order (from
experts-exchange))!!