DB Access Restrictions

От Kris Deugau
Тема DB Access Restrictions
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I'm finalizing the setup to be used to host customer DBs for a domain
hosting service, and I'd like to make sure I've got the access controls
straight:

In pg_hba.conf, I've seen and managed to figure out *most* of how access
to the various DBs can be controlled.  I'll be using the "password"
authentication, most likely with either sameuser or all:
  -> db of "sameuser" *REQUIRES* that the connecting user have the same
     name as the database they're trying to connect to - for ANYONE
     using this access method
  -> db of "all" lets the access control slip down a level to whether a
     user has provided the proper password.

Is there any way to simply specify a list of users for each db?  I
haven't been able to figure out if that's possible or not with
"password" authentication.  (ident is useless;  all DB access except
limited administrative control on my part will be via PHP across the
local UNIX socket- and ident will return "apache" if it returns anything
useful at all.)

Platform (at least initially) will be RedHat7.0/Postgres7.0;  but it
will be moving to RH7.3/Postgres7.2 "Real Soon Now".  (ie, as soon as
the new server is put together.)

-kgd
--
Money is overrated.