Very Urgent : Db processes are increasing

От Suresh Gupta VG
Тема Very Urgent : Db processes are increasing
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi List,

I am using pgsql 7.4.2 on solaris-9. When I start the postgres with "-i"
option as below, the processes of the postgres are increasing
drastically.

pg_ctl start -D /db1/postgresql/data -o "-i"

If I exclude "-I" option, my application couldn't connect the DB server
at all.
Here are my queries.
1) Why DB processes are increasing drastically, it reaches up to 104
connection( configured to 100 max connections) through there is no
application trying to connect/access the DB.

2) Is "-I" option is important to get the access from other server to DB
server ??

Pls reply your quick response.

--Suresh

DISCLAIMER:
This email may contain confidential or privileged information for the intended recipient(s) and the views expressed in
thesame are not necessarily the views of Zensar Technologies Ltd. If you are not the intended recipient or have
receivedthis e-mail by error, its use is strictly prohibited, please delete the e-mail and notify the sender. Zensar
TechnologiesLtd. does not accept any liability for virus infected mails.