Processes running without cleaning

От Suresh Gupta VG
Тема Processes running without cleaning
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Hi Team,

I am using Solaris9 and pgsql 8.2.5. Started the DB with the option 50 nodes and 100 blocks as below.

pg_ctl start -D /db1/postgresql/data -o "-N 50 -B 100 -i"

When started, there are 3 processes running with postgres names. After that when a single transaction comes to the DB, it is going on increasing it’s number of processes by multiples of 3 or 4 up to the peak connection say 53. Then when we open new session, it gives an error that “psql : FATAL : Sorry, too many clients already”.

Can you please any one explain, how the processes will go when we give the options for blocks and nodes. As a common, we find 3 processes running as parent processes of pgsql. Pls find the list of processes in the attachment.(max_connction = 100 is configured in the postgresql configuration file. Why cleaning up of process is not happening?

Pls advice.

Regards,

G. V. Suresh Gupta

Innovative Technology Solutions(ITS), Zensar Technologies

Zensar Knowledge Park, Plot#5, MIDC IT Tower,

Kharadi, Off Nagar Road, Pune – 411014

Landline :  +91-20-66453471           | +91-9890898688

Email     :   suresh.g@zensar.com    | website:  www.zensar.com

DISCLAIMER:
This email may contain confidential or privileged information for the intended recipient(s) and the views expressed in the same are not necessarily the views of Zensar Technologies Ltd. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail by error, its use is strictly prohibited, please delete the e-mail and notify the sender. Zensar Technologies Ltd. does not accept any liability for virus infected mails.

Вложения