Bypass the DB request

От Suresh Gupta VG
Тема Bypass the DB request
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Hi Team,

Can any one advice me to rectify this error message by postgresql as below?

My Scenario: I had 2 servers with Solaris7. ServerA contains my application where it is connected to a database(pgsql-7.1) on the same server. I had installed the pgsql_8.2.5 on the ServerB of Solaris-9. I need to bypass the DB request of ServerA to the ServerB DB.

My work: I had edited the file “pg_hba.conf” and given the entries under the “# IPv4-style local connections:” section. Then I tried to restart the DB server, I get the following “couldn’t bind the socket” as below. I had changed the IP address of the ServerA ‘s “.odbc” file to point to ServerB. Can any one advice me how to bypass the DB request from one server to other.

$ pg_ctl start -D /db1/postgresql/data -o "-N 20 -B 40 -i"

postmaster successfully started

$ LOG:  could not bind socket for statistics collector: Cannot assign requested address

LOG:  database system was interrupted at 2008-02-14 14:47:39 AST

LOG:  checkpoint record is at 0/1B2F56C8

LOG:  redo record is at 0/1B2F56C8; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown TRUE

LOG:  next transaction ID: 1837; next OID: 3834614

LOG:  database system was not properly shut down; automatic recovery in progress

LOG:  record with zero length at 0/1B2F5708

LOG:  redo is not required

LOG:  database system is ready

$

Regards,

G. V. Suresh Gupta

Innovative Technology Solutions(ITS), Zensar Technologies

Zensar Knowledge Park, Plot#5, MIDC IT Tower,

Kharadi, Off Nagar Road, Pune – 411014

Landline :  +91-20-66453471           | +91-9890898688

Email     :   suresh.g@zensar.com    | website:  www.zensar.com

DISCLAIMER:
This email may contain confidential or privileged information for the intended recipient(s) and the views expressed in the same are not necessarily the views of Zensar Technologies Ltd. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail by error, its use is strictly prohibited, please delete the e-mail and notify the sender. Zensar Technologies Ltd. does not accept any liability for virus infected mails.

Вложения