Re: still lost: Cannot use more than 16 attributes in an

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: still lost: Cannot use more than 16 attributes in an
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Bolden, Thomas wrote:
> Ok I edited /usr/local/include/pg_config.h (FreeBSD not linux) to
> #define INDEX_MAX_KEYS 32
>
> used initdb to create a new database cluster and I still get
>
> "ERROR: Cannot use more than 16 attributes in an index"
>
> Then I use "make deinstall" to remove postgresql , renamed
> /usr/local/pgsql/data to data.old and rebooted.  Changed to
> /usr/ports/databases/postgresql7 and used "make".  Edited
> /usr/ports/databases/postgresql7/work/postgresql-7.2.1/src/includes/pg_confi
> g.h.in then used "make install".  Checked  /usr/local/include/pg_config.h
> and it showed #define INDEX_MAX_KEYS 32.

I think you want something like:

Edit /path/to/postgresql-source/src/includes/pg_config.h.in:
     #define INDEX_MAX_KEYS 32

Then:
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/010.pgsql.sh stop
cd /path/to/postgresql-source
./configure --your-configure-options
make all
make install
initdb -D /path/to/postgresql-data
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/010.pgsql.sh start

HTH,

Joe

От: Richard Huxton
Сообщение: Re: CREATE FUNCTION
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: still lost: Cannot use more than 16 attributes in an