still lost: Cannot use more than 16 attributes in an index

От Bolden, Thomas
Тема still lost: Cannot use more than 16 attributes in an index
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Ok I edited /usr/local/include/pg_config.h (FreeBSD not linux) to
#define INDEX_MAX_KEYS 32

used initdb to create a new database cluster and I still get

"ERROR: Cannot use more than 16 attributes in an index"

Then I use "make deinstall" to remove postgresql , renamed
/usr/local/pgsql/data to data.old and rebooted.  Changed to
/usr/ports/databases/postgresql7 and used "make".  Edited
/usr/ports/databases/postgresql7/work/postgresql-7.2.1/src/includes/pg_confi
g.h.in then used "make install".  Checked  /usr/local/include/pg_config.h
and it showed #define INDEX_MAX_KEYS 32.

Ran "su -l pgsql -c initdb".

Then edited /usr/local/etc/rc.d/010.pgsql.sh to include -o "-i" for remote
connection.

executed  /usr/local/etc/rc.d/010.pgsql.sh start

"su pgsql" "createdb ALMIS".  Then edited /usr/local/pgsql/data/pg_hba.conf

connected and ran sql statement to create the new table.  still the same
error.  logged in locally , typed in the same statement and get the same
error.

Is there a problem with the FreeBSD port.

Thomas Bolden
Department of Economic Development
GIS Programmer
(573) 751-3672