Re: Any last hope advice?

От Justin Clift
Тема Re: Any last hope advice?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Eliel,

There is a file utility for PostgreSQL Database Recovery mentioned on
the front page of the PostgreSQL Technical Documentation site:

http://techdocs.postgresql.org

It's under the "Recovery" heading of the "Technical Guides and
Documents" section on the front page.

Hope that helps.  I haven't used it, but it might be the right tool
(definitely make a backup copy of everything in your $PGDATA/base
directory and all it's subdirectories first).

Hope this helps.

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

Eliel Mamousette wrote:

> I have a disaster machine where [for sake of brevity, I will leave
> out how we got here] the only directory whose contents can be trusted
> is the $PGDATA/base directory.
>
> The platform is PG_VERSION 7.1 running on RedHat Linux 7.0, kernel
> 2.2.16.
>
> After trying contrib/pg_resetxlog, I've still had no luck.
>
> Any last resort solutions to be tried?  Through analysis of the files in
> $PGDATAbase, I am able to identify the OID->DBname mappings, but am not
> sure I can do that with the tables.  Since that's the case, is there a way
> initdb and insert the OIDs for the databases into pg_database?
>
> Any help would be appreciated,
> eliel

   - Indira Gandhi