Any last hope advice?

От Eliel Mamousette
Тема Any last hope advice?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I have a disaster machine where [for sake of brevity, I will leave
out how we got here] the only directory whose contents can be trusted
is the $PGDATA/base directory.

The platform is PG_VERSION 7.1 running on RedHat Linux 7.0, kernel
2.2.16.

After trying contrib/pg_resetxlog, I've still had no luck.

Any last resort solutions to be tried?  Through analysis of the files in
$PGDATAbase, I am able to identify the OID->DBname mappings, but am not
sure I can do that with the tables.  Since that's the case, is there a way
initdb and insert the OIDs for the databases into pg_database?

Any help would be appreciated,
eliel