Re: new to Linux & Postgresql

От Bradley Kieser
Тема Re: new to Linux & Postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I recommend that you buy the rather excellent book
   "DBA's guide to databases on Linux"

published by Syngress

written by

   David Egan and Paul Zikopoulos

ISBN: 1-928994-04-0

It covers PG setup on Linux and loads of other handy things (it also
covers a large number of other DBs, both commercial and OpenSource).

Then, combine that with the notes on http://www.postgres.org and you are
away!

Oh, and use http://www.google.com to search for solutoins to any
problems that you have because with OpenSource, someone, somewhere out
there has usually had the same problem as you and solved it. OpenSource
software comes with the best (and free) support possible for a software
app and it's all online!

Brad