Re: Do we still need these NOTICEs?

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: Do we still need these NOTICEs?
Дата
Re: Do we still need these NOTICEs?  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>
>>I am considering removing the following notices/warnings, since they
>>seem to be unnecessary in the brave new world of dependencies:

I also agree with removing all of these.

>>* The ones about implicit indexes for primary key/unique constraints
>>and about implicit sequences for SERIAL columns also seem unnecessary
>>now --- as with the trigger case, you can't drop the implicit object
>>directly anymore.

One thing I wondered about here -- is it still possible to use a
sequence, which is autogenerated by a SERIAL column, as the default
value for another table? If so, does this create another dependency to
prevent dropping the sequence, and hence the original (creating) table also?

Joe