Re: Do we still need these NOTICEs?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Do we still need these NOTICEs?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> writes:
> One thing I wondered about here -- is it still possible to use a
> sequence, which is autogenerated by a SERIAL column, as the default
> value for another table?

Sure, same as before.

> If so, does this create another dependency to
> prevent dropping the sequence, and hence the original (creating) table also?

As the code stands, no.  The other table's default would look likenextval('first_table_col_seq')
and the dependency deducer only sees nextval() and a string constant
in this.

Someday I'd like to see us support the Oracle-ish syntaxfirst_table_col_seq.nextval
which would expose the sequence reference in a way that allows the
system to understand it during static examination of a query.