Re: FW: FW: Linking databases.

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: FW: FW: Linking databases.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Geoff wrote:
> I don't think either COPY or PG_DUMP will help in this case...
>
> I have a users table in database ADMIN with a primary key user_id. I have a
> users_access table in database LIVE which I was hoping to have a foreign key
> user_id reference the user_id column in the ADMIN database, so If I deleted
> a user it would cascade and delete the users_access records.....
>
> are you saying this is impossible? if so, are their plans for this to be
> made a feature in a future release?

See contrib/dblink for a possible workaround. Note that if you want to
use it for INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE, you'll have to grab the latest version
out of CVS.

There doesn't seem to be much support for a native cross-database access
among the core developers, so I don't think you'll see that soon. As I
think others have mentioned, the next release (7.3) will support
multiple schemas in one database which might be a solution for you.

HTH,

Joe