Re: I am being interviewed by OReilly

От Jan Wieck
Тема Re: I am being interviewed by OReilly
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Curt Sampson wrote:

> On Wed, 10 Jul 2002, Lamar Owen wrote:
>
> > Curt, you do realize that Marc Fournier....
>
> Sure. You do realize that I've been using postgres on and off since
> before Postgres95 existed, right?

Have been there since v4.2 (last official Berkeley release, PostQUEL
version) and survived the dark era (Postgres95).

That by itself is no argument, nor does it give someones word more
weight.

PostgreSQL is the name of this software for many years, books are
printed using that name, press articles refer to it, marketing is based
on it. If we like it or not, it is IMHO not an option to change it just
to sound better or because people with spelling difficulties don't get
it right.

Look at my own name. Jan Wieck (correctly pronounced like Yann Veek).
Some people here in the US think I'm a girl, most pronounce my first
name Dshaen or worse many fail on my last name somewhere around
OUUEEEE... cough, cough. Do you think I consider changing something? No
way, not for people who speak one or less languages only.

PostgreSQL is PostgreSQL, and that's it.

Jan

Сообщение: Re: was there a change in FreeBSD SHM implementation from
Сообщение: Re: was there a change in FreeBSD SHM implementation from