Re: Authentication in batch processing

От Kevin Brannen
Тема Re: Authentication in batch processing
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> 7.3 may remove PGPASSWORD, I think, and instead allow you to specify a
> file that contains the password.

But do you know how many hours it took me to find out about PGPASSWORD
in the docs and now you want to change that? :-)

How about all 4 approaches:  on the command-line, from an env-var, from
a file, and finally prompting if there's a tty.  Pick any order you want
on the first 3, but flexibility is important, and circumstances do
change over time that may make 1 more desireable then the others.

Just a thought...

Kevin