Re: Proposal: CREATE CONVERSION

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: Proposal: CREATE CONVERSION
Дата
Re: Proposal: CREATE CONVERSION  (Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii@sra.co.jp>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> So I withdraw my earlier comment.  But perhaps the syntax of the proposed
> command could be aligned with the CREATE TRANSLATION command.

Tatsuo, it seems that we should use SQL99 terminology and commands where
appropriate. We do not yet implement the SQL99 forms of character
support, and I'm not sure if our current system is modeled to fit the
SQL99 framework. Are you suggesting CREATE CONVERSION to avoid
infringing on SQL99 syntax to allow us to use that sometime later?
                 - Thomas